Donate

Congregational Mission support (also sometimes called benevolence or simply a line-item New England Synod) is the primary way in which the congregation collectively supports the ministry of the New England Synod and the ELCA.  The Synod's budget is made up of 98% from congregational support. The remaining 2% is from individual donors. The 2020 budget is $1.8 million.

Approximately 65% of funds received from congregations are used in New England for the following:

  • Starting new congregations
  • Supporting existing congregations
  • Providing leadership of call processes
  • Partnership support to Calumet, United Lutheran Seminary, Campus Ministry, etc.
  • Resourcing of congregations for outreach, stewardship, worship, education
  • Conflict resolution
  • Recruiting and training new candidates to become Pastors & Deacons

The remaining roughly 35% is sent on from the New England Synod to the ELCA offices and used for the following:

  • Global Mission
  • Colleges, Schools and Seminaries of the ELCA
  • Outreach, Evangelism, Education, Worship Resources
  • Starting new congregations in other parts of the country
  • Ecumenical and Interfaith Relationships
  • Legal and Administrative resourcing

 Donating to the New England Synod's mission support fund is now easier than ever! To donate to Mission Support, simply click one of the buttons below and you'll be taken through the process of donating money through our PayPal account.  If you are designating your payment for a specific purpose (Fund for Leaders, Forward Leadership registration, etc.), there is an opportunity on the second page (after you've entered dollar figure and indicated whether you're paying by PayPal account or credit/debit card) to fill in a 'designated purpose' for your funds.  It is very helpful if you put a note in this section to ensure your funds are appropriately credited.

If you are mailing a check to the synod, please use the following address:

New England Synod
PO Box 13
Worcester,  MA 01614-0013

 

Text to give now available for the 2021 Annual Appeal

Text NEWENGLANDSYNOD$xx (where xx indicates your gift amount) to 73256.

The next screen will allow you to scan your debit or credit card and complete your payment information. You'll instantly receive a receipt for your donation via text and email. It's easy, quick, and a great way to support the 2021 New England Synod Annual Appeal.

 

 

Annual Appeal

NOTE: If you are making a gift for the Synod's Annual Appeal, please indicate that in the message box (add special instructions to the seller) when you make your donation.

 

ELCA World Hunger

Would you like to earmark your donation for ELCA World Hunger? You can do that too! Simply click the button below to make a donation specific to the cause:

 

General donations

If you'd like to make a general donation to the synod, you can do that as well by clicking this button.